Wednesday, January 6, 2010

* Praises

I also wanted to do a list that focused on praises for the year, although I am not going to force a perfect ten, just see what I get...

  • My dad has prancreatitis - a strange praise, I know, but considering for a few months we thought it was cancer and I was quite thankful for the alternative diagnosis. I was thankful that Christmas with my family was much like the years before rather than the one I had visualized when we thought our time was short.
  • Judah got a new job - although mentioned in the summary list, it belongs here as well. Having dad at home is a great blessing.
  • My niece is no longer allergic to eggs - although told she could grow out of it when first discovered, the allergy caused some added stress to my sister that I am thankful no longer exists. Although when I learned how they test for being completely 'cured' I was a bit surprised. (Apparently the final test was to feed her some eggs in the doctors office and then stare at her and wait for her to blow up like a balloon and stop breathing - what does that test look like on a medical bill? $0.99 for eggs, $299 for professional watching services?)
  • My step-father had successful neck surgery that greatly reduced some pain he had. immediate relief does not always come and I am thankful he had a season with less pain.
  • Another year of visits with my grandmother. Although some of her health issues make visits more challenging I am thankful for the time. I am thankful for the pictures at Thanksgiving with all her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Grandparents are the icing on the cake of life.
  • I am thankful for the relative good health and well being of my children and husband. Other than common illnesses we have had a relatively uneventful year. Judah's father had fairly serious kidney issues and Judah was tested for that particular birth defect in December, thankfully showing no defect. But he was told to drink less coffee and more water (that last part would probably not register as a praise on his list).

Not bad for one year. God is good-all the time.

1 comment:

eatmoresmores said...
This comment has been removed by the author.