Thursday, September 9, 2010

* Quirky Quotes

My son can be a great help to me, much to his annoyance. My sympathies to him. I am the older child. I know that the oldest can feel the weight of doing 'more work.' Truthfully he does do more of the cleaning of the play room and he has graduated to larger chores before his sister has fully entered 'independent playroom cleaning 101.' He has conveniently forgotten that his responsibilities at five were also pretty slim and that his sister is not nine. Sigh.

Last week during an evening of cleaning he had done about all his third grade tolerance could handle. When I said...

Now that you are done sweeping take the vacuum upstairs.

He took the vacuum upstairs.

I overheard his sister ask at the top of the stairs...

Are you going to vacuum up here?

He replied...

No, Mom only told me to bring the vacuum upstairs.

Note to self. Clarify cleaning instructions with all steps in the process.

No comments: