Thursday, July 31, 2008

* Where Are We Anyway?

Yesterday I received and email from my husband announcing that we now had a blog. In coming to OUR blog I read a post called intent. I was expecting to then read the intent of the blog in general because that was what I was asking. Why do we have a blog - who will read it anyway- do I have anything worth saying? I did not get the answer to the intent of the blog but a very good summary of where we have been the last few months. I say this now in order to explain the title - I am a very analytical person who likes things explained.

I like knowing the movie will end well - and feel free to ruin the ending for all poorly ending movies so I do not waste my time watching them. If I want to see something end poorly I can look around the city, country, world.

This blog is intended to allow those who are interested to know more about us and "where we are" in our thinking , in our daily walk with Christ, with our children, and whatever pops into our heads at the time. I read another blog this morning of a good friend and he talked a great deal about great things and then ended with the thought that the blog was mostly for him anyway - and that hit me perfectly in thinking about this new adventure of blogging for my family. It is mostly for us anyway.

So where am I anyway? Today I am at home with two adorable children, who at the moment are separated because like most siblings all together all the time does not always mean perfect behavior. I am in the middle of doing laundry which is a never ending task for most blessed people in the world. I am mentally making lists for half a dozen ideas floating around my head including food, scrapbooking, books, people to call, chores to be done.....Making lists is what I do, inherited from my parents, both of whom were, and still are, list makers. This is where I am at this moment, mentally multitasking and trying to live another generic, average, and hardly monumental day in a manner pleasing to The One who matters most.

1 comment:

Quad Squad! said...

Hey! You prettied up the blog! This is much better than the plain black! My comment has nothing to do with your post becasue I read it days ago and don't realy remember what you said. Except that it was good!