Monday, December 15, 2008

* Overwhelmed

The things in the back of my mind seem to be pushing forward and disturbing my front burner thoughts - quite annoying. These are the items that are trying to cycle up...
  • I still have not bought my brother-in-laws present. Unlike not knowing what I want to get, a completely separate annoyance, I know what I want, but do not yet have it in my possession. We went by the store again today, closed. The last time we went by, closed. They have weird hours and tend to close when they want. My son said they must know when I am coming because they are never closed when Judah wants to go by!
  • I have not wrapped ANY gifts!
  • I have not addressed any Christmas cards. They have been ready for over a week and I have done nothing more than write the list. I am thinking of cheating this year and just sending them as is, but someone has a voice in the back of my head that tells me how much hand written sentiments are appreciated and I feel compelled to write on them PERSONALLY. (To the voice in my head - you know who you are!!!!)
  • I have not taken any continuing education classes this year. My license is up next spring and I need to get my ethics and jurisprudence credits this time. They have some fairly straightforward online courses that would only take me a few hours - but who has a few hours without interruption??
  • The dishes need to be done.
  • The laundry needs to be folded.
  • Should I cook dinner before I take my son to Karate and then reheat quickly after or should I wait to cook until after, which makes us eat rather late?
  • My daughter has clearly outgrown her Hello Kitty jeans but keeps finding them in the laundry before I can get them out of site completely...how can I distract her, get them washed and stored without her knowledge?

These are the back burner thoughts for today. :)

2 comments:

Quad Squad! said...

Is it MY voice telling you to write personal notes on all your cards? Because my voice tells ME that too! Or maybe it's my mother's voice and it just sounds like me...

Anonymous said...

As one who recently personally wrote on over 400 Christmas cards for work I say just send them! We all know you two have your hands full! =)