Monday, January 26, 2009

* Getting it under Control

After Judah's last post where he posted pictures I was jealous because I had not done such a thing. I am still a little uneasy about it but wanted to try it myself. I take tons of photos and don't necessarily plan to inundate this blog with pictures. But after my description of my daughters current attempts to come to terms with her teeny tiny little girl emotions I thought I would share an image with you.





I respond so viscerally to her pose. We grown up girls are not allowed to throw ourselves into a fetal position to get ourselves under control. Instead the world says we have to keep a stiff upper lip, grin and bear it, and get over it. Mentally I am throwing myself in a fetal position at times. May you all find a place of comfort and safety that allows for transparent emotions and someone who will pick you up, rub your hair, and allow you to "have a moment" while getting it under control.

No comments: