Monday, November 9, 2009

* Laziness

Honestly - I have no right to pick on my blogger friends any longer for their time away and gaps in their posts. I have not posted in well over a month and perhaps longer. It got to the point when it had been so long I was avoiding saying anything because I felt such an absence warranted a really profound return blog. I have no such thing. Life moves along and I am missing profound moments. I am not feeling the overwhelmed sensation I went through last holiday season, although the holidays approach. I have no really good excuse for not blogging, so I will blame it on laziness. My old trusty stand-by.

I had great thoughts the other day about little boys when my second grader dove to the ground in the middle of some conversation for NO REASON then looked up at me and said "I just had to do that!" I thought 'that would inspire a great blog...' then I promptly went on with my day.
We have recently begun rock climbing as a family and I have taken the college girls a few times - a wonderful experience. It occurred to me that the differences between how my children climb and how I and the college girls climb could be a interesting lesson/commentary on trust, but I let that one go too.
I am teaching a gymnastics class on Tuesdays at a preschool and my daughter sits in a four year old class. The teacher is a splendid mix of firm and silly. My daughter and her friends know that their silent/pay attention word is "salami" and when on the carpet they all sit on their "coolio." My daughter busted out with "I know what a coolio is" one day at dinner and I truly did not know what she was going to say. How could one not stop and comment on such fantastic silliness?
I did not do any adorable Halloween post, although my sister, mom, and nieces came and we were surrounded by a very adorable Belle, Strawberry Shortcake (the hat was toooooo cute) and Wonder Woman, as well as very stealthy and cool Snake Eyes (ours talked)
My son's class is going through a change in teachers mid year and this has sparked some conversations in our home - no blog however...
KidZone is going well but I have visions and desire for more...no blog.
I found myself on the yearbook committee once again and I am not that excited about it. This will surely come up in blogs after the first of the year...

Etc, etc, etc.

I am so lazy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, its not too late you know. If you want to you can still do all those posts. Just if you want to of course.

Quad Squad! said...

I'm just glad you posted SOMETHING! I like reading your posts, especially now that we see so little of each other! Maybe that's your problem! Look what my absence has done to you! Alas.