Monday, December 21, 2009

* Some Random December Moments

Christmas is fast approaching and we have been doing many things. Today is our first day off from school and I have nothing on the calendar for the next two weeks except travel. Today I have nothing on our agenda except enjoying our day off (unless of course I feel like getting the house scrubbed from top to bottom, wrapping the presents, folding the gigantic pile of laundry and packing for our trip to grandmas ... oh and then cooking meals for my family, but surely they won't be harmed by a few hours without food) A few interesting highlights from our past few weeks...
  • I walked around with a splint on my finger for a few days to help remind myself and the smaller members of my family not to use/grab/ or twist it. I recently visited my physician for a general check up and mentioned my middle joint was hurting. After a process of elimination he declared it a tendinitis of the extensor hood due to over twirling. I now have medical documentation that my daughter is above average in twirling. She will hold my finger and twirl over and over and over again. Perhaps I should sign her up for ballroom dancing someday.
  • I finally agreed to let my son bring a friend home from school and they had a great time until my son accidentally hit him with a rock and busted his lip and broke a brand new front tooth. There were many emotional responses. The little guy was perhaps the calmest of us all. He was merely bleeding and waiting for his dad. My son was worried his friend wouldn't like him anymore and that his parents would think our house was a dangerous place. My thoughts were somewhat similar and I felt nauseous for days just thinking about that little guys coming to such harm in my home. His parents by the way were terribly gracious and the little guys saw me at school a few days ago and shouted at me across the gym "I am OK!"
  • We have finished laying laminate wood in our downstairs in another attempt to make our house look more "buyable" Now we only have to lay 150+ feet of corner round to finish the project - along with getting all the mess out of the garage, but Judah has Christmas Eve off so that is how he can begin his holiday fun:)
  • My daughter has been having her graduate courses in dressing decently and maintaining privacy. She is still prone to run around naked shouting for someone to help her with a bath or some wardrobe change. We had to take away all the 3T skirts because they were too short. In these recent lessons she has now become quite the morality police, just ask some of the teenage girls at our church (she will pull up any collar she feels is too revealing). While sitting on my lap last night she turned to me and pulled my collar farther up because apparently I was showing a bit too much cleavage for her taste. I would add that she was sitting on my shirt and her little body was contributing to the issue at hand. However she felt that my neckline was ... and I quote ..."inappropriate."

I hope to do some sort of Christmas themed post soon, but you never know. Timeliness is not my best virtue.

No comments: