Tuesday, December 1, 2009

* Where is Winter?

We have completed the Thanksgiving holidays and now are faced with the month of December. Last night we pulled all the boxes out of the attic, but that was all the effort we gave it and promptly went off to bath and bed routines. Sentence number two from my son this morning was "Are we going to put up Christmas today?" I love the wording, not 'the Christmas decorations' but 'Christmas' as though we owned the holiday itself and packed it away in several boxes each year.
In a similar vein of thought I woke up this morning thinking about wearing sweaters and wondering when it would snow. I looked out the window to perhaps our first heavy frost of the season and thought again 'when will it snow?' Apparently I have not outgrown the school girl thinking of snow days. So I ran to my trusty weather center (aka weather.com) and was distressed to learn that while apparently it is snowing in SOUTHERN New Mexico and NORTHERN Mexico there was no snow planned for my area in the next 10 days!
Yesterday my son had a short sleeved t-shirt and my daughter has recycled the pants under skirts routine from last year. Although she has a distressing lack of skirts for this technique this year, all of last years being in the 3T size and she is now -finally- wearing 4T. (I bought a true 4T skirt this weekend and it fell off her, apparently her waist is still in the 2-3T range but her father has emphatically said she can not wear the length of a 3T anymore)

Sigh. Where is winter?

No comments: