Saturday, June 12, 2010

* Quirky Quotes

This next quote would be best seen in video but hopefully the concept will come through. The following conversation was observed between my daughter and eldest niece while we were walking through our local mega-home improvement store. They had spent the last thirty minutes declaring everything fashionable or not with phrasing such as "That is sooooo in fashion" or "That is sooooo NOT in fashion" (Please recreate those words in your head with the appropriate tone) I am reserving my thoughts on that part because I have mixed emotions about the general idea that my daughter thinks there is some merit to "fashion." Maybe I have the same thoughts but keep them in my head instead of declaring them to the shopping public at the mega store. Anyway....... After making their opinions on tile and counters and handles and wire and tools and paint color and light bulbs and whatever else they saw my niece made the following suggestion....

"Let's walk like this...Only let your toes touch the ground"

(She then demonstrated what I believe she thought fashionable people walk like... which resembled a high stepping horse-duck which had apparently stepped on a tack)

(This lasted for all of two steps.)

It seems the vision she had in her head was not easily recreated in reality because she then said...

"Maybe we should just glide."

No comments: