Monday, June 28, 2010

Thank you ATT for No Cell Phone Service

We went traveling this past weekend. We went to Fontana Village and Resort. This place is 2 miles from Fontana Dam, and there is all kinds of things to do. Its a perfect spot to just get away, or even stay for a week or two. We will definitely get back soon.

Since US129 (Tail of the Dragon) is closed due to a rockslide, we had to go through Cherokee, NC. This route took us about an hour longer. It wasn't too long before we figured out we had no cell service. With the place being a "resort", I kind of expected to have cell service once I got there, so I wasn't too concerned. Well, when we got to the resort, we still had no cell service. Interestingly, if we had Verizon, we would have.....

At first, I was frustrated with ATT for not having cell service in the middle of the Smokies. But then, I changed my opinion. Why was I here? To have a day AWAY, and as much as I would like to think I would put my phone down, I don' think I would have. For that reason, I am thankful to ATT for not having cell service up there. Some places just don't need it.

Do you find it difficult to put your phone down for extended periods? Can you shut it off for a weekend? Or, are you like me and need a place with no cell service to go to?

1 comment:

Hope said...

One of my favorite things about Honduras was that no one had a cell phone and instead of talking/texting everyone talked to each other. Wish we had some no cell service places right here in Knoxville!