Thursday, July 15, 2010

* Differences

Yet another piece of data in the differences in my children...

All those who have traveled with children in the backseat know that at times the noise from that small square footage can seem more than you can take. Sometimes I loose my cool, others I can ignore it, sometimes I fall in the middle. My favorite technique is to turn up the volume on the radio. This works 99.5% of the time.

Yesterday I turned up the volume with little success so I went for step two, turning it up more. This succeeded in quieting my son but NOT my daughter. So I went to step three, turning it more again. The music quite loud now and should be getting my point across. I look in the rear view mirror and she is doing a 'disco' style dance move and head banging. The mix of styles is unfortunate but the fact that my technique was completely ineffective really stunk.

Sigh.

Just another example of how the teenage years will go for me. (Not her dad of course who is PITIFUL and the one in this family she can manipulate in milliseconds)

No comments: