Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Change, yet again

One of my college students has started his own blog. Its about his time in Italy this semester. When you get a chance, give it a read. He is a great guy who is considered a leader within our group, as well as, other circles in his life.

Our college group is definitely changing. I like it, and I don't like it: change that is.... We have some new class leaders this semester. In a few months, we will be on our first official mission trip as a group. We have started using "Small Mini Groups" (SMGs) as accountability groups. The college students are responsible for their own class on Sunday mornings. And it looks like the standard for me teaching will be in the summers, for just a few months.

The difficulty for me with college ministry is changing tactics to get others into the group, and then helping them leave the group years later. Each college student is different, and leaves at their own time. Thankfully, God has blessed me with a personality that continually looks at how to change a program or process for the better. For some reason, I can not be satisfied with "how things are". I am always looking at how to improve it. I guess its possible that looking at ministries from this perspective, particularly college ministry, might actually be a good thing.

No comments: