Monday, June 29, 2009

* June Winds Down

This is going to be a good week. We have recently come off a series of good weeks so I am hoping for the streak to continue. June has been a busy and productive time.

The first week we spent just wallowing in the summer concept with the schedule etc. (See previous post about schedule :) )

Week two Judah went to China but the kids and I spent a week doing VBS preparation. Much to the children's delight we went to the building daily so they could run around with the other children of the decorating folks. I got the pleasure of decorating a hallway to look life a rain forest jungle. I am quite over rolling paper into vines and the colors green and brown, which is sad because they are good colors.

The third week was VBS itself and much fun was had by all. I was promoted to five year olds from four year olds this year so I spent my days counting to nine, with the goal of not losing or having injury coming to anyone from the time of 8:30 until they got in their car around 12. Success!

For the fourth week we drove to the beach for fun in the sun with grandparents and cousins and aunts/uncles. The sad part is that I wore a two piece bathing suit for a week and my back is still horribly pale. I used to possess the ability to get a tan, but I guess I have not exposed my midriff in so long it has forgotten how to absorb the sun, those darn tankinis are to blame.

As June comes to a close we are counting the days until dad's return and looking forward to his being home with us for a while, ten days anyway. Stupid China. But he will be home this week so it is a good week. (On a side note, Judah has a birthday soon and our daughter was informing some of our college students that they could buy him a present "He likes sharp things" - HA! He now has his youngest child soliciting gifts for him :) )

Wishing you all a good week as June comes to a close...

No comments: