Wednesday, May 27, 2009

* Quirky Quotes

It seems to be that my daughter is continuing to take the stage - not that my son is silent. It is just that he is more cautious with his words (at least when I am present) and a seven year old blurts less than a four year old. He is doing great stuff - reading to himself, playing baseball (with a much improved batting average from last year), independently cleaning his room! My daughter does read to herself, but no actual words match the page. She"cleans" her room but mostly it consists of piles, some on the chair, some behind the chair.

I will do a later post on our daily schedule, but today I am again struck by my daughters flair for drama and an "aptly spoken word."

The other day she said that the ladies tea we had attended was "lovely"

This morning she told her brother that "you ruined my life!!!" (all because he took a functioning water bottle from her while she was happily hosing down the playroom - I believe he actually saved her life - a fact I explained to the princess - at which point she told me I ruined her life.)

My current favorite occurred recently during a visit with friends. They came for the holiday weekend and much fun was had by all. They have four boys so the princess had a much larger court than usual and much more willing subjects. Her brother being quite content to let others be bossed around. Being boys however they did not always stick to girl stuff. A favorite activity - setting up tiny little men in rows to "battle." One boy had her dollhouse covered in battalions of little men. Upon noticing the unusual placement and use of her dollhouse she asked...

"Why is my dollhouse over here?"

"It makes a good fort."

Pause

"It makes a good dollhouse" (Emphasis entirely hers :) )

Silly boy.

1 comment:

eatmoresmores said...

I love reading about your children. Some of it reminds me of my own, but differently too of course. Just wanted you to know I get a chuckle out of these types of posts.