Thursday, May 21, 2009

* An Unexpected Cut

Today we are cleaning the house. Something I seem to do a lot but yet continue to need to do. The kids are helping, "in theory." Right now my daughter is picking up tiny pieces of paper, etc on the playroom floor, for which I will pay 5 cents per item. This is preparation for sweeping the dirt back out on the deck and since she is the person most likely to have dropped the tiny pieces of paper it is only fair she participate. She loves to cut things to pieces. She has her own supplies: bag, paper, scissors. She sits happily cutting the paper into bits , an activity she calls "scrap booking" She has a scrapbook full of pages with little bits dropped randomly into sleeves. It is of course beautiful as is everything else the princess does. At 5 cents a piece she has earned $2.20 so far.

Did I mention that she loves to cut things?

And that she has beautiful hair?

Oh well.

Chalk that up for one thing the princess has done that is NOT beautiful.

After many tears on both sides she has recovered enough to tell me that "you should have put the scissors up high where I couldn't reach them."

!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: