Thursday, September 18, 2008

* Before I Forget

My children are amazing and wonderful and beautiful to me. Intellectually I know that you all feel the same about your children. They are all the brightest and most adorable of God's creations, even more so because He lets us play a part in their lives. They are all the cutest and cleverest of children, except mine really are. :) I want to capture some of those adorable moments in time because I know they will be gone some day, to be replaced by more precious moments, except I want to keep them all! Today I remembered again that I do not want to forget how my daughter says back pack, which is basically pack pack. So this blog I am devoting to the words I need to remember before I forget.

Due to birth order I will start with some of my favorites from my sons early days
  • Dis? -- A word used to ask identification of all objects
  • Bundt -- Clearly this is the 18mo version for button
  • Blank-ank -- Again a clearly clever extra k version of the word blanket
  • Chagganooga -- A word he then passed on to his sister, we may never hear the right pronunciation of that city
  • Heevy -- A word used to denote objects that were heavy. The best part about this word is that it generally accompanied a small guy dragging something too big for him and making some pretty cute faces to express his hard work.

My daughter has talked more and often even more amazingly clear than my son, who was not too shabby himself. However since she has always done so well it limited the cute mispronunciations that mark toddler hood.

  • Pack pack -- As I said before her phrase for back pack, not too far off but still cute
  • InLee -- An early version of my niece's name Neely, recently outgrown (sigh)
  • A-tend -- Used in sentence form..."Let's a-tend we are princesses"
  • Ask-a-gent (with a soft 'g' sound) -- This lovely phrase for questioning a gentleman is her way of saying "I am sorry mom, it was an askagent"
  • All words needing a hard 't' sound (and some strong 'r' words)This last remaining immature speech pattern leaves us talking about wadder boddles and tripping over woots and wocks.
  • I can not even begin to type her word for sushi, but trust me its cute

Later viewers of this blog may find a longer list since this can now be a depository of all words I remember later, before I forget.

1 comment:

Quad Squad! said...

Super cute! One of my current favs is when Jonathan tells me to "let go" and he says, giglling, "Weggo, Momma, weggo!" I may have to make a post similar to this on my own blog!