Tuesday, September 23, 2008

* Quirky Quotes

Again this quote is not so much quirky as it struck me quite quirkily when I heard it. Friday mornings we try to have a play group type gathering at my house and mostly we clean up before hand. There were some complications to the schedule including scheduling an oil change an hour before folks were to arrive and my ride from the car place being ill that morning. This threw off my plans - which I do not always handle gracefully. Instead of cleaning I spent time trying to find another ride. The house was not as clean as I like it to be when folks arrive - so my solution? Clean it after they leave!! I will happily announce that the house was super clean several hours after our guests left. Now for the quote. My son said something in the middle of this cleaning process that was unexpected but something I hope he continues to say to me (and his future bride)
Can I mop?

He spent the next fifteen minutes busily mopping the kitchen, after which he vacuumed the downstairs. I am trying to relish the moment for as long as possible - because I am not so old that I have forgotten how much older children like to do those things. Sigh.

No comments: