Monday, October 27, 2008

Goggles

"Distance makes the heart grow fonder". In other words, if you are away from your sweetie for an extended period of time, when you are together again, the initial time is so awesome.


I have heard this phrase for some 20 plus years now, and it is absolutely true. There was a similar phrase that kind of poked fun at it, and it can be summed up as "oggle goggles". For the men, I am sure you know what I mean. What this tries to represent is a description of how the beauty of your lovely tends to grow the more you are away from her. Alas, when you are back in her presence, the magnificant beauty is not near the glamour you thought she was.

I got home on Thursday evening, after a 3 week trip to China. All the way home, I kept thinking about Michelle, and how beautiful she was. I imagined my son and daughter (the cutest things in the world) running to tackle me once they saw me.

As usual, I was not disappointed. Michelle was as beautiful as always. The kids were just as excited to see me as I was them. There is nothing cooler than seeing your little ones take your bags away from you, and carry them themselves.

This is what it is all about. Not being disappointed with your spouse, ever. Wrestling with your little ones, because you want to, even though it is WAY past their bedtime. God is good, all the time.

No comments: