Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Movie Night

I forgot my lunch yesterday, and had to go to the mall to eat. Well, I actually got my lunch out of the frig, but left it on the stove while I was getting my stuff together. Michelle called, and reminded me I left it. I got all the way to work, pulled my back pack out of the car, walked to my my office, and still didn't know I left it on the oven. Anyway, I went to the mall for another reason as well. Ironman came out on DVD yesterday! So I went by and got an HDMI cable that I have been saving for some time now, and then headed to the movie store. I picked up the movie (it has really cool metal case), fully aware I would be the savior when I got home.
I called Michelle before I left work and told her about my plan for a movie night. She was so excited, because she knew how happy the kids would be. She then called me back, and said she could order pizza on line! How cool is that?!?! Now, that last phrase may give a way how out of touch she and I are about 21st century technology. Its funny: we seem to be on the cutting edge with some things, but with others we couldn't care less.
I get home, and the kids meet me at the door as usual. I hand my son the bag wih the movie in it. He opens it up and screams, "IRONMAN!"
He had completed all of his school assignments by lunch, and was waiting on me to get home to finish his reading assignments. For some unknown reason, he likes to do his reading assignments with me, not Michelle. Did I mention he was in his pjs all day? I love home schooling.
I sit him down behind the TV with his reading book, while I begin to rewire the DVD player with the HDMI cable (I can't tell you how excited I was). He is reading to me about Peter and Sarah going to the creek, and I am removing Monster Cable, while hooking up HDMI and fiber optic cables (already had that one). So if you can imagine thinking, "Peter and Sarah.... creek.... dog.... digital video and sound.... 200 watts of power.... run Peter run.... 1080p.... the dog barked...." Hey, it works for us....
Michelle shows me on the internet where you can track your order. "Joe has submitted your order". "Chris has made your order". "Dylan left the store at 5:22pm". Again, that has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen.
The pizza arrives and it is time for family night. I crank up the subwoofer, each of us gets into their own comfortable spot, and we start handing out pizza. By the time the movie is over, I think my son said, "that was so awesome" at least 15 times. At one point, my little girl starts doing pirouhettes and stating that she "is Ironman."
I love family movie night.

No comments: