Thursday, October 16, 2008

* Surviving another Migraine

Yesterday I trudged through another migraine. Nothing too unusual around here. Unfortunately it came on me unexpectedly and away from my medicine so I could not take the meds when I needed to.(A side note to myself to put them in my purse) My children were terribly cooperative in my recuperation. My daughter took her nap for two hours and my son did not complain about the extra TV he got to watch at volume setting 2. He did eventually climb the stairs, peek under the pillow over my head to say in a whisper "I really am very hungry Mom."

Thankfully I was functioning better after some rest and was able to feed my children. My favorite part of the experience was right when we walked through the door after school. My son knew I had a migraine, since it was the topic of our conversation during the drive. Nap was moved up 30 minutes and that needs mental preparation. My kids like to know what is coming their way and even a 30 minute change is perceptible to them, thus the discussion on the drive home. Fortunately or unfortunately, this is not the first migraine that they have experienced with me. Therefore the comment I got when we arrived home.... In all innocence and concern my son told me...

"You can go ahead and throw up in the bathroom down here Mom. It's closer."

"That's OK buddy, I'll go ahead and use my bathroom upstairs."

Such a sweet boy.

No comments: