Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 3

As I was eating dinner last night, my cell rang. I usually don't answer it during dinner, but while Michelle is in Ghana, I answer most all calls. Sure enough, it was her! However, I didn't recognize her at first. I asked, "who is this?" to which she politely responded, "who do you think this is?" It took a few seconds, but I quickly figured out it was her, talking on one of the team's cell phones with international calling. So, Michelle is fine.

The kids are fine as well. I had to wake them up this morning. Yesterday, they woke me up. They were so excited about going to the Blevin's house for the day! Today, they were still excited, just sleepy.... Abby didn't even change clothes. She picked out her clothes that she would change into, "when she got around to it." God bless the Blevins for watching my children. They are an awesome family.

I am OK as well. I had some friends stop by last night. 3 teens from church decided to come by, and watch the international baseball series on my television. At 10:30, I told them I was going to bed. This morning, as we were leaving, they were still there.

Its funny how people tend to get comfortable in different situations. If you are reading the church blog about the team in Ghana, you will know all about them getting comfortable with only the bare necessities, as they minister, treat, and befriend the people at the Village of Hope. And look at my kids. They were so grateful and polite to the Blevin's as we left last night. "See you tomorrow," Abby said crawling into the car. They were so excited, and asked each other, "I wonder what we are going to do tomorrow?" And the boys, just coming over, and making themselves at home. It makes me feel good as well that they are comfortable enough to just come over, and fall asleep on my couch, chair, and floor.

This comfort, that is God in peoples' lives. God's presence ALL OVER THE WORLD, gives people comfort. And I am glad for that.

No comments: