Monday, March 2, 2009

* Quirky Quotes

When you ask a small child a question you never really know what they are going to say. The backseat has frequent disagreements because there seem to be a natural law that when mom is driving everything is dramatic and must be resolved with tears and screeching. At least that is true for my backseat. Today my princess was disturbed by some action of her brother's - not an uncommon occurrence by any stretch of the imagination. She breaks out into tears. I ask the rather common question "What did your brother do?" Normally I get something like, he touched me, he took something, he whatever... This time I got....

"He is disappointing me!!!" (the italics and size are essential to convey the depth of her disappointment)

In my ignorance I ask "What did he do to disappoint you?" Because really, what could he have done and where did she hear that children can behave in a disappointing way? Her response...

"He smelled me."

?!?!?!?!?!?

Son - put your hands in your lap, look out the window, and for goodness sake don't smell your sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is fabulous and my new all time favorite!