Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Texting

Last week I was at work, crunching data. This is a normal occurance. Its what I do. My phone vibrates, and its a text message. I love text messages! These are usually from Michelle, close friends, or teens that are wanting something.... This one was different. It was a text from one of our elders at church. Uh oh....
Now, when you get a call from an elder, its like a flash back to grade school, when you get called to the principal's office. All the way down the hall, you are going over and over in your head, "What did I do? Did they find out about THAT? Who told on me? What am I in trouble for?" Even if you didn't do anything all day, you are still thinking, "what did I do?!?!" I think it is the same kind of feeling when you see Mr. ____ on the caller id. You think, "what did I do? Why is he calling me? I am giving 10%. I have been at church for the last 3 months straight!"
Anyway, back to the text. I open the text, and it says, "Praying for u guys, and thank u for all u do." Wow. Its the middle of the day, and an elder from church text me to tell me he is praying for me and my family. that's pretty deep. I really appreciate that. Don't get me wrong, I know these guys that lead our congregation pray for us. I know for a fact they pray for each family at church. Also, I am close friends with most of them. I have asked advice from them. Some of them, have even given their advice, without me asking. I hang out with their boys. I have cooked dinner for them personally. I eat lunch with them regularly. In short, I consider them friends. I say all this to say, that we are close, and since we are close, I know that they are praying for me. Why? because I pray for them. I pray for my family. I pray for my friends. I know that my friends and family pray for me and my family.
But back to the text: This elder took the time out of his busy schedule (trust me, he is REALLY busy) to text me. That means a lot. I know he prays for me. He doesn't have to tell me. But he did. And you know what? I am glad he did.

No comments: