Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 6

I talked to Michelle last night. I was playing in the back yard with the kids, when my phone rang. I looked down and the caller id said it was our minister at church. Since he is Ghana, as well, I deduced that Michelle borrowed his phone, and called me. It was great talking to her! She is so excited about being there and helping. If you have not been keeping up with the daily blog from the mission team, check it out here. The stories are absolutely awesome.

Before she left, I talked with her about being safe. It was the same conversation I gave her last year. "keep your cell phone with you. Make a duplicate copy of your passport. Keep some cash in a separate bag. Always go with a big group. Don't make eye contact." Before she left, I told her to only call using her cell phone in the event of an emergency. I thought about that a minute, and then clarified, "call someone on the team, because if you call me, I am not going to be able to do anything!" The reality is, The Village of Hope is a very safe place. My issue, is that she is out of my circle of protection.....

It is hard for me to relax, and not worry about her, or any of the other members of the team for that matter. Obviously, I would feel better if I was there. I just don't know. Its the not knowing that bothers me. But I am not there. I have to trust that God is looking out for her, and the rest of the team. I guess this is how Michelle feels when I am traveling.

She will be home in three days. Not to worry.

No comments: